Isabelle TS#11 with Livio

Date/Time: Saturday, February 22nd, 2025, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

Location: Online on Zoom

Topic/Skill: Grammar (Past, Present, and Future Tenses)

Feedback provided to the tutee: For this lesson, Livio and I continued to work with different grammar tenses. I prepared several sentences in each of the different grammar tenses and Livio needed to decipher which tense the sentence was written in. He did incredibly well with this activity, so much so that I worried it might've been too easy for him, however, it made for good practice for him. I didn't need to provide him with much feedback other than a couple of sentences he got wrong. In those cases, I asked him why he thought it was written in that tense (the incorrect one) and both times he was able to figure out his mistake and correct it.

Lesson(s) about tutoring: From this lesson, I learned that not every lesson will hit the "sweet spot" in terms of difficulty, especially in my earlier teaching experiences. However, it's important to remind myself not to be discouraged because some practice is better than no practice, especially now that Livio is back in Italy and has significantly less exposure to the English Language. This understanding allows me to focus more on my teaching goals rather than teaching "perfectly."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isabelle TS#18/19 with Livio

Tony TS #21 - Extra session/recap with Dojun

Tony TS #18 - Wei Wang