Isabelle TS #3 with Livio

Date/Time: Monday, January 20th, 2025, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Location: Black Dog Cafe in Tallahassee

Topic/Skill: New Vocabulary in Use/Writing/Speaking

Feedback provided to the tutee: For today's lesson, I brought a list of translated vocabulary words that Livio uses frequently for work but does not know the English equivalents. Together, we created sentences using each new vocabulary word in their correct contexts. I had Livio come up with the sentences and speak them aloud while I typed them into the vocabulary sheet. This way, he could practice his speaking (which is a priority for him) as well as learn how to use the new vocabulary words in speech.

Lesson(s) about tutoring and/or the tutee you learned: I learned that you can take advantage of your tutee's feedback for future lesson plans. For example, if my tutee and I were working on a particular lesson plan, but a different English problem or concern arises from that activity, it can be noted and incorporated into the next lesson. This highlighted the importance of tutor monitoring for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isabelle TS#18/19 with Livio

Tony TS #21 - Extra session/recap with Dojun

Tony TS #18 - Wei Wang